County of Humboldt - New Business License Application
Thank you for choosing County of Humboldt for your business!
What you need to know to get started:
1. Business licenses are renewed on an ANNUAL basis and expire ONE year from the issue date.
2. The business start date is the first date your business started operating in the County of Humboldt.
3. Employee identification numbers are required for all new businesses. Sole owner or partnerships are
required to provide Social Security numbers for all owners/partners. LLC, Limited Partnership, Trust or
Corporations are required to provide a Federal Employee Identification Number (FEIN)
or State Employee Identification Number (SEIN) for the business.
4. No payment will be required until your application has been reviewed and accepted. You will receive
an email verifying the receipt of application. Within 5 business days you will receive an email containing
the amount due and instructions on how to make a payment online.
5. Businesses that are categorized as a Mobile License or Cannabis Transporter License are required to
complete a Community Development Service, Planning & Building Division Supplemental Form and Address
Please download and complete the Mobile License Application Packet .
Please download and complete the Cannabis Transporter Application Packet.
Per AB 2184, you may protect your residential address by providing a different Service of Process
address in accordance with Sections 16000.1(a)(2) and 16100.1(a)(2) of the Business and Professions Code.
To do so, please visit the Business License office to apply.
The County of Humboldt would like to welcome you to its business community.
We know that starting a new business can be exciting and challenging.
We wish you the greatest success in your new venture!
If you need any assistance with the application process, please call (707) 476-2450
to speak with a customer service representive.